We help Veterans Grow.
are you thinking about pursuing farming, but you don't know where to start?
The Illinois Farmer Veterans Alliance wants to help you take your next steps in pursuing farming.
training and education assistance
- National Center for Appropriate Technology - Armed to Farm is Sustainable Agriculture Training for Military Veterans. Learn more about current opportunities, technical assistance, and online tutorials.
- Farm Credit Business Plan Template
A business plan template, balance sheet, and cash flow work sheet for Farm Credit Illinois to help beginning and current farmers budget, manage risk, and consider opportunities.
- Farm Financial Management Demystified
This newly revised book presents the complex subject of farm financial management in a straight forward and readable style, with numerous tips and examples from working farms. The book offers examples from a diversity of farms, from dairy to diversified vegetable, to orchards and pastured poultry.
- The Land Connection Podcast & Card Series
The Illinois Specialty Crop Podcast & Card Series showcases specialty crop producers here in Illinois and looks at the stories behind their farms. Specialty crop storage and use cards accompany the podcast episodes, highlighting how Illinois-grown crops can easily be used in local kitchens.
- Upper Midwest CRAFT, Raising Livestock Video
Upper Midwest CRAFT farmer Cliff McConville discusses how to raise livestock on pasture sustainably and profitably.
- Routes 2 Farm
Routes to Farm is a platform to network with other farmers who share common interests and challenges, find training, mentors and markets and access region-specific resources, such as equipment suppliers, seed varieties and business consultants.
- Sustainable Agricultural Research and Education Program
A wealth of information in the Learning Center Tab including educational brochures on topics ranging from vegetable production to livestock and everything in between. Grants for Funding are also available.
- Band of Farmers
Local farmers producing vegetables and meat for the Chicagoland land area